Skip to Content

Family escapes fully engulfed home in Hannibal

Hannibal Fire Department responded to a structure fire Sunday morning. 

The news release said it happened at 6:00 a.m. at 3000 Sunnyside Ave. 

When crews arrived on scene, officials said the home went up in flames and was fully engulfed in the front. 

911 reported that all the residents were attempting to escape. 

"Well, I was just sleeping and when we woke up, my mother-in-law was upstairs hollering and so I woke up," Homeowner Sammy Dominguez said. "I was thinking, I knew something was wrong. I came out of my room and the whole house was just full of smoke and we kind of just started bailing and running back and fourth to make sure everyone was out."

When crews arrived, officials said the fire was spreading from the front porch to the attic. 

Crews acted quickly and had the flames under control in 15 minutes. 

The release said the crews were on scene for about two hours with overhaul and salvage operations. 

Working smoke detectors notified the sleeping residents and assisted in their safe escape. 

There were seven people (four adults and three children) in the home at the time of the fire. 

Fire officials want to remind everyone of the importance of having working smoke alarms, fire escape plans, and a meeting place.  

adwpadmin

Skip to content