16-year-old involved in July shooting to be charged as an adult

A 16-year-old boy arrested Saturday in connection with a Quincy shooting last month will be charged as an adult. 

The Adams County State’s Attorney’s Office said the boy, whose name has not been released, had his first court appearance on Monday. They said he faces anywhere between six and thirty years in the department of corrections for his charges of Aggravated Battery with a Firearm. 

On July 19, the Quincy Police Department responded to the scene at 917 Payson Avenue where a 14-year-old boy who was conscience, alert and breathing reported he had been shot in the head. 

QPD detectives said at the time that they believed foul play was involved. 

The state’s attorney’s office said his next court appearance is a preliminary hearing on August 15. 

adwpadmin

adwpadmin

More News

WGEM STORMTRAK FORECAST
Quincy
41°
Hannibal
43°
Keokuk
39°
Macomb
37°
Scroll to top
Skip to content