The Old Settlers Picnic in Clayton, Illinois is now underway.
This year isn’t only the 150th anniversary of the festival but organizers say they’ve also decided to bring back the carnival, which hasn’t been a feature of the festival for the last 30 years.
With the four day event featuring a variety of activities for the family, organizers say it’s a tradition for those who live in Adams and Brown county.
"There’s been a lot of dignitaries that have been here in the past," said John Brady, chairman of the Old Settlers Picnic. "We’d just like to keep that heritage going that our great great grandfathers started this great celebration 150 years ago."
The festival runs until Sunday.
Friday, August 10, 2018
- Carnival 5:00-9:00 p.m.
- Fish and Ham Dinner 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- Welcome Ceremony 5:30 p.m.
- Little Mr. & Miss. 6:00 p.m.
- Baby Contest 7:00 p.m.
- Entertainment – Spunky Bottom 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Fun Walk-Run 8:00 a.m.
- Parade 9:30 a.m.
- Kid Games 11:00 a.m.
- Greased Pig 12:00 p.m.
- Antique Tractor Pull 12:00 p.m.
- Show & Shine 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Carnival 1:00 -9:00 p.m.
- All Wars Encampment 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Threshing Demonstration 2:00 p.m.
- Bags Tournament 2:00 p.m.
- Chicken & Ham Dinner 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- Honorable Robert Adrian & a very special guest from the past 6:00 p.m.
- Madd Hoss Jackson 7:00 -11:00 p.m.
- Fireworks 8:30-9:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 12, 2018
- Lions Pancake & Sausage Breakfast 7:00-9:30 a.m.
- Community Church Service 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch 11:00 a.m.
- UPA Tractor Pull 12:00 p.m.
- Carnival 12:00-4:00 p.m.
- Bingo 1:00 p.m.
- Melissa Parn Memorial Horeshoe Tournament 1:00 p.m.
- Human Foosball 4:00 p.m.