Getting your child ready to go back to school can be hectic, so some Quincy businesses are joining forces to give parents a break.
17 Quincy businesses are teaming up for Shop Local Saturday to give people an extra discount. You will be able to shop at the participating retailer’s tax-free as part of their "Back To You Event."
"It gives an opportunity for people to save those dollars that you would have to pay for the tax part of it," said Guthrie. "The retailers are picking up that tab, they’re doing that for you. It gives just another added incentive for people to come down and shop and it gives something back to all the people in the community."
Officials with The District said this event not only helps out families but also helps local businesses.
"You’re able to help families and moms shop going back to school and get a little bit of break with the tax free," said The District Executive Director Bruce Guthrie. "Also, you’re supporting locally. When you support locally, when you shop locally that is so important for our community."
The event is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday.
- Ally’s Boutique: 125 N. 6th St.
- Blue Lotus Boutique: 835 Kentucky St.
- District Designs II – Fresh Pix: 648 Maine St.
- Domestics, ETC.: 119 N. 6th St.
- Electric Fountain Brewing: 503 Maine St.
- For Home & Her: 644 Main St.
- Grown-N-Gathered: 601 Maine
- Muddy River Soap Company: 108 N. 6th St.
- Popp’n on Maine: 917 Maine St.
- Potter & Vaughn: 504 Hampshire St.
- Quincy Tea Co.: 935 Maine St.
- Shaker Hill: 638 Maine St.
- Silhouette Shoppe: 117 N. 6th St.
- The Sweet Apricot Shop: 129 N. 6th St.
- Yellow Kiss Boutique: 609 Hampshire St.
- The Yum Factory, Inc.: 700 Maine St.