Skip to Content

Candlelight vigil held for children who died in Quincy house fire

The community continues to mourn the loss of two children who died in a Quincy house fire Friday night.

On Monday night, hundreds of people attended a candlelight vigil outside the home where Toby Brewer, 8, and Emma Kramer, 5, died of “carbon monoxide intoxication.”

The saying ‘gone but never forgotten’ could be seen on shirts as those in attendance gathered together to remember the two kids by lighting candles and writing their names on balloons.

Some tied their balloon on the fence outside the home while others released them into the sky.

Friends and family made a vow to remember the good times and try not to dwell on Friday’s tragedy.

Related Links:
QPS offers support to classmates of fatal fire victims. 

Kaylee Pfeiferling

Multimedia Journalist

Skip to content