It’s time to place your vote for Week 11 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Miles Sheppard (West Hancock) – He ran the second fastest time for a freshman at the Illinois state cross country meet at 15:11.42, good for a 7th place finish in Class 1A. (25%, 233 Votes)
- Grace Buschling (Clark County) – The freshman led the first mile of the Missouri Class 2 girls state cross country race, before settling for a third place finish in a time of 20:44.15 (17%, 159 Votes)
- Katelyn Robbins (Liberty) – The senior won the third state medal of her career, finishing fourth place in the Class 1A state cross country meet in a personal best time of 17:29.03 (17%, 153 Votes)
- Daylan Reading (Hannibal) – He paced a steady Pirates rushing attack with 104 yards and three touchdowns as they advanced to the district title game. (12%, 113 Votes)
- Cole Williams (Central) – The Panthers advance to the Class 1A quarterfinals thanks to their defense and Williams’ 94 yards rushing with two touchdowns and an 18-yard TD reception. (11%, 105 Votes)
- Zach Osborn (Monroe City) – The Panthers pulled away from Bowling Green as Osborn rushed for 163 yards and two touchdowns, plus he caught a TD pass as well. (9%, 80 Votes)
- London Brunk (Clark County) – In their shutout win over Palmyra Friday he ran for 176 yards and three touchdowns, completed 5 of 10 passes for 57 yards and had an interception on defense. (5%, 48 Votes)
- Brock Wood (South Shelby) – His 278 yards on 35 carries and five touchdowns led the Cardinals to a district semifinal win over top-seeded Scotland County. (3%, 31 Votes)
Total Voters: 922