It’s time to place your vote for Week 12 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Caleb Lapsley (Clark County) – The Indians knocked off the defending Class 1 state champs as Lapsley ran for 150 yards, scored one touchdown on the ground and threw for one on a halfback option play (38%, 167 Votes)
- Cole Williams (Central) – He scored the first two touchdowns on Saturday and a game-high 129 yards rushing to lead Central to a win over Triopia and a birth in the Class 1A state semifinals. (31%, 137 Votes)
- Gabe Worthington (Hannibal) – After Fort Zumwalt East took the lead in the second half, the Pirates QB led them on two go-ahead scoring drives capped by his two touchdown runs. (28%, 123 Votes)
- Brock Wood (South Shelby) – Wood passed the 2,000-yard rushing mark for the season with 177 yards including a 93-yard touchdown run in the Cardinals’ district title game loss to Westran. (2%, 9 Votes)
- Emily Box (Holy Trinity) – She led the Crusaders with 48 kills and was named to the Iowa Class 1A state all-tournament team as they won two matches before losing to Janesville in the state title match (2%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 444