It’s time to place your vote for Week 13 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Chayse Houston (Central) – He led a balanced Panthers rushing attack with 138 yards including an 83-yard TD run in the third quarter, as Central reached the state championship game for the first time (40%, 213 Votes)
- Daylon Reading (Hannibal) – The Pirates fell short in the state quarterfinals, but Reading helped give them a chance with 121 yards rushing and two touchdowns. (24%, 130 Votes)
- Stephanie Anders (QHS) – She scored 40 points combined in their two wins Saturday at the Lady Hornet Classic and tied for the team lead with 15 points in their season opening win over Jacksonville. (13%, 70 Votes)
- Emma Knipe (West Hancock) – Knipe led the Titans with 19 and 22 points in their two wins over Liberty and Beardstown at the LHC on Saturday. (11%, 60 Votes)
- Karli Artman (Illini West) – She scored 20 points and hit the game-winning free throws with one second to go to lead the Chargers to a win Friday in their first game of the Brimfield Tournament. (10%, 55 Votes)
- Lilly Pepper (Pittsfield) – Her game-high 26 points led to a win over Liberty at the Lady Hornet Classic on Saturday. (1%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 535