It’s time to place your vote for Week 14 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Kennedy Flanagan (Highland) – The WIU commit broke a nearly 30-year old single-game school record when she scored 41 points Tuesday in a win over Kirksville. (55%, 139 Votes)
- Tanner Cannady (Payson) – He capped the Indians’ title at the Saukee Turkey Tournament with a 32-point performance in the championship game against Western, while being named All-Tournament. (23%, 58 Votes)
- Emma Knipe (West Hancock) – She scored 18 points and assisted on the game-winning basket in the semifinals of the Lady Hornet Classic, and then led the Titans with 14 in the title game loss to QHS. (14%, 35 Votes)
- Dylan Foley (QND) – The Raiders split their two games on Tip-Off weekend, but Foley posted 20 points in each game scoring half of those at the free-throw line. (6%, 15 Votes)
- Sydney Hummert (QND) – She posted a double-double in both of the Raiders’ wins this past weekend, with 21 points and 13 rebounds against Warrenton and 14 points, 10 boards against Monroe City. (3%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 255