It’s time to place your vote for Week 15 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Dezi Jones (Hannibal) – Jones hit the go-ahead 3-pointer to go with 29 points and 10 rebounds leading the Pirates to 5th place at the Troy Tournament. He also had a 36-point night earlier in the week. (30%, 180 Votes)
- Sarah Nelson (QHS) – She scored a career-high 27 points Saturday to lead the Blue Devils to a win at Oswego and 8-1 start to the season overall. (21%, 122 Votes)
- Alex Wolter (Keokuk) – In their win over Central Lee on Saturday he was credited with a triple-double thanks to 11 points, 12 rebounds and 11 blocks. (19%, 111 Votes)
- Cole Schwartz (Payson) – The Indian posted a game-high 25 points in a home win over Highland Friday night. (16%, 93 Votes)
- Nick Schwartz (QND) – He led the Raiders in scoring both games this past weekend with 21 and 19 points, while also playing stellar defense on Monroe City standout C.E. Talton Friday night. (8%, 47 Votes)
- Laney Lantz (Central-Southeastern) – Her 29 points led to a win over Liberty on Tuesday, and she had 17 more in win over Macomb on Thursday. (5%, 32 Votes)
- Connor Hayes (Knox County) – He had a pair of 20+ point games in two Eagles wins as they took 3rd place at the Tri-Rivers Classic. (2%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 595