It’s time to place your vote for Week 16 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Kyle Colgrove (Western) – He scored 15 of his team-leading 17 points in the first quarter against Brussels as the Wildcats built a big lead and won the North Greene Tournament championship. (37%, 181 Votes)
- Madison Kauth (Clark County) – Her 20 points off the bench led to a win over Kirksville, and she had 12 points and 12 rebounds in a come from behind road win over Illini West on Saturday. (28%, 140 Votes)
- CE Talton (Monroe City) – He led the Panthers in scoring every game of the week, including 17 points in their tournament championship win over rival Palmyra. (11%, 54 Votes)
- Laney Lantz (Central-SE) – A couple more big games for the senior with 29 points in a win over Illini West Monday, and 26 to beat Beardstown on Thursday. (10%, 51 Votes)
- Jada Summers (Monroe City) – They fell short in their own tournament title game against Paris, but Summers posted 28 points in the loss and had a 25-point night in a win earlier in the week. (8%, 42 Votes)
- Tyler Leonard (Hannibal) – He also won his weight class (132 pounds) at the Wentzville Liberty Tournament. (3%, 16 Votes)
- Vernell Hawkins (Hannibal) – He won the title at 170 pounds helping the Pirates to a 2nd place team finish at the Wentzville Liberty Tournament. (2%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 495