It’s time to place your vote for Week 17 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Anthony Potratz (Keokuk) – He led the Chiefs to a win over Washington on Friday with 32 points and seven rebounds. (62%, 182 Votes)
- Drake Hammel (West Hancock) – His 30 points paced a win over Western on Friday to keep the Titans unbeaten at 7-0. (33%, 98 Votes)
- Jeremiah Talton (QHS) – The freshman had a career-high 21 points, hitting 5 of 6 from 3-point range, to lead the Blue Devils to a fourth straight Crosstown Showdown win over QND. (2%, 5 Votes)
- Addison Miller (Unity) – Her 26 points helped beat Canton Thursday and then she posted 21 points and seven rebounds in a close loss at Palmyra Friday. (1%, 3 Votes)
- Dezi Jones (Hannibal) – Jones dropped 35 points including 17 of 20 at the free throw line in a win over Moberly Tuesday, and then another 34 points to top Mexico on Friday. (1%, 2 Votes)
- Thomas Culp (QHS) – He won the 182-pound class at the Mascoutah Wrestling Invitational, beating his opponent in overtime of the championship match. (1%, 2 Votes)
- CE Talton (Monroe City) – He had 19 points to start their week with a big win over Mark Twain and 29 in a tough overtime loss to Mt. Vernon on Saturday. (0%, 1 Votes)
- Tanner Leonard (Hannibal) – He was the only Pirate to win their weight class at the Fort Zumwalt East Tournament as he won the 145-pound title. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Blake Peter (QHS) – Also at Mascoutah and also in overtime in the final match, Peter won the title at 113 pounds. (0%, 0 Votes)
- Ross Arch (Palmyra) – At the Battle of Katy Trail he was the lone Panthers to win their weight class, going 4-0 on Saturday to win at 145 pounds. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 293