It’s time to place your vote for Week 18 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Elliot Fox (Pittsfield) – The lone local wrestler to go unbeaten at Abe’s Rumble, going 7-0 with six pins and another win by decision. (29%, 219 Votes)
- Drake Hammel (West Hancock) – The Titans repeated as champions of the Macomb-Western Holiday Tournament as Hammel capped it with 29 points in the title game win over Eureka and was named tourney MVP. (18%, 138 Votes)
- Sarah Nelson (QHS) – She earned the Blue Devils’ lone all-tournament team nod as they went an impressive 4-1 at the Gurnee Warren Tournament. (18%, 138 Votes)
- Lucas Loos (Payson) – Loos was picked the Most Outstanding Player as the Indians won a second consecutive title of the MVIT at Unity. (13%, 97 Votes)
- Lane Ippensen (Central) – The Panthers pulled off a couple of early upsets before settling for a 4th place finish at Macomb-Western led by Ippensen landing on the all-tournament team. (10%, 77 Votes)
- Jaeden Smith (QHS) – Smith was named to the Collinsville Holiday Classic all-tournament team helping lead the Blue Devils to a 3-1 weekend and consolation championship. (5%, 36 Votes)
- Laken Hugenberg (Canton) – Her 25-point night Saturday led the Tigers to an upset win over Clark County to open the Highland Tournament. (3%, 19 Votes)
- Hunter Yohn (QHS) – He was named Most Valuable Wrestler at the KSA Holiday Tournament as he went 9-0 with eight pins. (2%, 18 Votes)
- Nick Schwartz (QND) – His 4th quarter led to the Raiders knocking off #1-seed Aurora Christian before losing the title game at the State Farm Classic. He averaged 18 points and hit 10 3-pointers. (2%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 759