It’s time to place your vote for Week 19 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Ross Arch (Palmyra) – Thursday he defeated the wrestler from Marceline that beat him in the state title match last year, and he was one of several Panthers to win their weight class at Vianney. (33%, 157 Votes)
- Laney Lantz (Central-SE) – With her 34-point game against Macomb she became her program’s all-time leading scorer, then later in the week she eclipsed the 2,000-point mark for her career. (25%, 117 Votes)
- Dezi Jones (Hannibal) – He led the Pirates to the championship game of the Warrenton Tournament, where they lost to Helias, with games of 29, 32 and 26 points. (10%, 49 Votes)
- Jayden Durst (Palmyra) – Filling in for an injured Bill Nunnelly in the Highland Tournament championship game, he scored 14 of his 26 points in the 4th quarter to lead the Panthers to the title. (10%, 48 Votes)
- C.E. Talton (Monroe City) – He was named MVP as he led the Panthers to the Clopton Tournament title, finishing with 31 points in the championship win over Van-Far. (9%, 45 Votes)
- Drake Hammel (West Hancock) – He scored all 25 first-half points for the Titans in Saturday’s win over Unity, finishing with 39 to open the Hancock County Tournament. (6%, 29 Votes)
- Jaeden Smith (QHS) – Despite suffering a pair of tough losses, Smith became the program’s all-time leader in 3-pointers made with 130 and counting in his career. (4%, 18 Votes)
- Tyler Bertram (QND) – The Raider wrestler went 5-0 with four pins this week at 220 pounds, picking up wins over opponents from QHS, Pittsfield, Carlinville, Riverton and Sacred Heart. (3%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 475
If you are using the WGEM Mobile app, click here to vote.