No injuries after fire at Shearer’s Foods in Burlington

The Burlington Fire Department responded to an oven fire at Shearer’s Foods at 11:38 p.m. Thursday.

Fire Marshal Mark Crooks said firefighters saw heavy smoke coming from the building and found cracker dough burning on a conveyor inside one of the large commercial ovens.

According to a press release, the fire was caused by “a malfunction of the conveyor system.”

A sprinkler had already activated above the oven, and firefighters and employees worked together to put out the rest of the fire.

Employees were evacuated during the fire, and no one was injured. The building was not damaged.

Firefighters stayed on scene until a little after 2 a.m.

Emily McCarter

Emily McCarter

More News

WGEM STORMTRAK FORECAST
Some Sun Coming

Some good news for Friday…The sun will be shining and the wind will be light. But it will be rather cool with morning lows around

Read More »
Connect with WGEM
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content