It’s time to place your vote for Week 25 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Ross Arch (Palmyra) – He completed his season-long mission of winning a state title by defeating Marceline’s Clayton Stallo 3-1 to take down the Class 1 145-pound championship. (60%, 447 Votes)
- Hunter Yohn (QHS) – The senior came up just short of winning a state title, falling to Lockport’s Baylor Fernandes via pin in the Class 3A 160-pound championship match. (22%, 162 Votes)
- Jordan Neisen (Liberty) – He hit the game-winning 3-pointer in the final seconds and finished with 19 points in their win at Pittsfield. (8%, 61 Votes)
- C.E. Talton (Monroe City) – The Panthers picked up four wins and the CCC title this week, and Talton led them in scoring every time including 20+ points in three of them. (8%, 58 Votes)
- Miles McIntyre (QND) – He won the 200-yard individual medley at the United Township Sectional swim meet to advance to the state finals. (2%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 743