It’s time to place your vote for Week 27 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Olivia Campbell (Pittsfield) – Campbell won the girls shot put event at the IC Invitational with a throw of 36 feet, 11 inches. (22%, 249 Votes)
- Miracle Ailes (Keokuk) – She led the Lady Chiefs at the Illinois College Invitational by winning the high jump at 5-foot-5, and placing 6th in both the 200 and 400-meter runs. (19%, 221 Votes)
- Alexandra Rose (QHS) – Rose had a full day in Jacksonville, placing 2nd in the long jump, 4th in the 55-meter dash and was part of a 6th place finishing 4x200 relay team. (15%, 176 Votes)
- Paige Knuffman (Liberty) – She was busy at Illinois College taking 2nd place in the long jump (16 feet, 8.5 inches), 6th in the 200-meter dash and led two relay teams to top-10 finishes also. (13%, 149 Votes)
- Bella Falconer (Hannibal) – She overcame an ankle injury on Monday to lead the Pirates with 15 points in both their district semifinal win over Moberly and the title game loss to Borgia. (9%, 99 Votes)
- Addy Johnson (Highland) – The Cougars claimed a share of the CCC title as Johnson led them with 23 points in a makeup game win over South Shelby. (8%, 93 Votes)
- Jordan Johnson (QHS) – On Friday at the IC Invitational, he won the shot put event by nearly six feet with a throw of 58 feet, 3 inches. (7%, 79 Votes)
- Colton Sargeant (Illini West) – Also at the IC, he took 2nd place in the 200-meter dash in a time of 24.08 seconds, 5th in the 55-meter dash, and was on a 5th place 4x400 team. (7%, 77 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,143