Iowa 83, Illinois 62
· Nicholas Baer led the Hawkeyes tonight with tying a season high with 17 points, bolstered by a career-high five 3-point field goals made (5-of-6).
As a team, Iowa made 12 3-pointers against Illinois tonight, the most by the Hawkeyes in a Big Ten Tournament game.
The Hawkeyes made a combined 27 triples against Illinois this season (15 made on Jan. 20).
· Iowa advances to play third-seeded Michigan Friday at approximately 8:30 p.m. at the United Center in Chicago.
· Jordan Bohannon finished tonight’s game with eight points, moving into the top 25 in all-time scoring at Iowa surpassing Bill Logan, Dave Gunther, and Kevin Boyle for 24th.
· Iowa assisted on 25 field goals tonight, the 25 assists are the most by an Iowa team at the Big Ten Tournament (previous record was 21 set versus Purdue on March 10, 2005).
· Iowa led by as many as 27 points in recording its 22nd victory of the season.
· Iowa improves to 6-2 as the No. 6 seed at the Big Ten Tournament. Iowa improved to 3-1 against Illinois in Big Ten Tournament games.
The Hawkeyes have won four straight contests against the Illini, dating back to last season.