It’s time to place your vote for Week 29 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Morgan Evans (QND) – Evans posted three goals and two assists as the Lady Raiders opened their season with two shutout victories over Williamsville and Helias. (38%, 129 Votes)
- Kaylee Falconer (Hannibal) – She netted the game-winning goal in the second overtime to beat QHS 1-0 on Thursday. (24%, 80 Votes)
- Griffin Kirn (QND) – The junior struck out 14 and gave up just three hits in 5 2/3 shutout innings to beat QHS on Saturday. (15%, 50 Votes)
- Paige Knuffman (Liberty) – Also at the Spoon River Invite, she won the girls long jump with a leap of 16-feet, 9.5-inches and she led off the Eagles’ 4x200 meter winning relay team. (12%, 39 Votes)
- Lydia Kurfman (QHS) – At Galesburg on Saturday she won the 3,200-meter run in a school-record time of 11:43.85 (9%, 30 Votes)
- Brooke Lawson (Illini West) – In their softball season opening blowout of Beardstown she had four hits, three RBIs and picked up the win in the circle as well. (3%, 9 Votes)
- Kreeden Allen (Rushville-Industry) – At the Spoon River Invite Thursday, Allen won the boys long jump, tied for the 200-meter dash win at 24.36 seconds and tied for 2nd in the 55-meter dash. (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 339