It’s time to place your vote for Week 30 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Ella Marks (QHS) – Marks drilled a game-tying grand slam and drove in five runs as the Blue Devils came from behind to beat Macomb on Wednesday. (27%, 322 Votes)
- Mady Wear (Central) – Two of her three hits Friday were home runs as they topped Pittsfield. Wear also had four hits and three RBIs in a win over South Fulton on Wednesday. (23%, 266 Votes)
- Miracle Ailes (Keokuk) – Ailes was at it again on Friday at the Central College Indoor, winning the high jump at 5-foot-8 and the 200-meter dash in 26.32, both new personal bests. (13%, 151 Votes)
- Daytona Dooley (Illini West) – She knocked in the go-ahead run to beat QND on Saturday and also hit two home runs in their loss to Rock Island Alleman. (12%, 141 Votes)
- Jordan Walston (Western) – She started the week going for 4 for 6 at the plate with two doubles, a homer and four RBIs in a win over Griggsville-Perry. (11%, 132 Votes)
- Addison Miller (Unity) – Miller tossed a 5-inning no-hitter with 12 strikeouts Saturday against Pittsfield, on Thursday she homered, doubled and struck out 15 to beat Griggsville-Perry. (8%, 89 Votes)
- Ryan Hedrick (Liberty) – The Eagle pitched a one-hit shutout over West Hancock on Wednesday, striking out seven in the 2-0 win. (3%, 34 Votes)
- Griffin Kirn (QND) – Kirn continued his strong start on the mound this spring, throwing the first six innings of a no-hitter against Kirksville with 11 strikeouts. (3%, 32 Votes)
- Cristian Luparrell (Brown Co.) – He won both the 200-meter dash and 300 hurdles at the Beardstown Invitational on Wednesday. (0%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,171