It’s time to place your vote for Week 31 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Keaton Pantaleo (South Shelby) – His two-run double and solo home run early Wednesday led to a 14-run outburst for the Cardinals in a win over Marion County. (29%, 183 Votes)
- Caden Power (Palmyra) -- He picked up the win over QHS on Wednesday in relief with 4 2/3 innings not allowing an earned run and seven strikeouts while also having four hits and four RBIs. (19%, 123 Votes)
- Eryn Cornwell (QND) – The freshman overcame a hand injury early in the week to pitch four scoreless innings with six strikeouts and hit her first varsity home run Thursday. (19%, 118 Votes)
- Hunter Florea (Highland) – The Cougar had four hits and four RBIs, including a 3-run homer, and closed a 6-5 win over Monroe City on the mound Wednesday. (18%, 116 Votes)
- Jordan Johnson (QHS) – He became only the eighth thrower in state history to surpass 200 feet in the discus, with a career best toss of 205 feet, 1 inch on Tuesday. (13%, 81 Votes)
- Shad Flesner (Southeastern) – In five innings pitched against West Prairie he allowed one run on three hits and struck out 12, while also adding three hits and three RBIs at the plate. (2%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 632