It’s time to place your vote for Week 32 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Chandler Hayden (Pittsfield) – She won both the discus (130-7) and shot put (41-3) events at the Lee Calhoun Invitational in Macomb. (36%, 215 Votes)
- Logan Gutting (Clark Co.) – He knocked in the tying run in the 7th and got the walk-off hit in the 10th to beat Highland, and pitched part of a shutout over Monroe City. (13%, 78 Votes)
- Eryn Cornwell (QND) – She was key in two of the Lady Raiders’ three wins Saturday, pitching a complete game 2-1 win and her two-run double started a comeback win over Nokomis. (11%, 68 Votes)
- Bella Falconer (Hannibal) – She scored four of the Pirates’ 10 goals in a conference win over Fulton on Friday. (10%, 58 Votes)
- Jordan Johnson (QHS) – Another week, another record for the Blue Devil thrower as he set a new school record in shot put with a winning throw of 59-3 at East Moline. (10%, 57 Votes)
- Abbey Owen (Southeastern) – On Monday she pitched a complete game with nine strikeouts, plus she went 3 for 4 with a homer and three RBIs to beat South Fulton. (8%, 45 Votes)
- Luke Jansen (Unity) – The Mustang homered twice and drove in four in a win over Liberty on Wednesday. (7%, 39 Votes)
- Carter Boyer (Illini West) – Boyer struck out 12 in five innings with three hits and RBIs to beat Payson, against South Fulton he pitched a two-hit shutout with 13 Ks and hit a 3-run homer. (5%, 29 Votes)
- Will Fromm (Scotland Co.) – He had a huge day at the Putnam County Tournament, ripping both a grand slam and 3-run homer in one game and pitching a 5-inning no-hitter in another. (2%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 599