It’s time to place your vote for Week 33 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Nathan DeStefane (Hannibal) – He won the No. 3 singles bracket at the Pirates own tennis tournament Saturday. (31%, 113 Votes)
- Eryn Cornwell (QND) – The freshman pitched all five innings and hit a highlight 2-run homer off the scoreboard to beat QHS on Wednesday. (20%, 72 Votes)
- Brayden Winters (Southeastern) – He went 3 for 4 with two doubles, scored the go-ahead run and pitched a scoreless 7th inning to lead the Suns to a 5-4 win over Unity. (14%, 49 Votes)
- Addison Miller (Unity) – She started her week with 14 Ks to beat Western, and Saturday struck out 10 along with a homer and RBI double in a win over Triopia and a 3-run homer vs. Pittsfield. (12%, 43 Votes)
- Jordan Johnson (QHS) – His impressive spring continued Saturday at Jefferson City, breaking his own school record in the shot put with throw of 61 feet while also winning the discus. (10%, 37 Votes)
- Griffin Kirn (QND) – His complete game shutout over Pleasant Plains with seven strikeouts got the Raiders started as they went on to win the Beardstown Tournament. (8%, 28 Votes)
- Lucas Loos (Payson) – Thursday he went 4 for 4 with two doubles in a win over Liberty, then he capped an Indians’ rally with a 3-run homer to beat West Hancock Saturday. (3%, 12 Votes)
- Will Fromm (Scotland Co.) – Fromm led the Tigers to two wins at the Lewis and Clark Tournament with four hits and five RBIs vs. Salisbury and pitching three scoreless innings vs. Schuyler Co. (2%, 7 Votes)
- Remington Feldewerth (Louisiana) – He ripped a pair of home runs with 5 RBIs to beat MMA on Friday. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 361