It’s time to place your vote for Week 34 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Emma Kroeger (QHS) – She netted the game-winning goal in OT to beat Rock Bridge on Monday, plus had a goal and an assist in Tuesday’s win over Rock Island. (40%, 401 Votes)
- Rilee White (Pleasant Hill) – In a 6-5 win over Pittsfield she earned the win in the circle by striking out 17 Saukees. (24%, 237 Votes)
- Ali Rose (QHS) – She set a new school and Rushville meet record of 12.23 seconds to win the 100-meter dash, was second in the 200 and was part of the winning 4x200 relay team. (20%, 196 Votes)
- Brooke Lawson (Illini West) – In a marquee match-up with Unity she pitched all seven innings allowing just one run on three hits and 12 Ks in a 6-1 victory. (8%, 84 Votes)
- Shad Flesner (Southeastern) – His hot streak continued with two homers, two doubles and four RBIs plus throwing 5 2/3 innings with 10 strikeouts to beat West Hancock. (5%, 47 Votes)
- Charly Tshibuabua (Rushville-Industry) – On his home track Saturday he won all three sprints, the 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes. (1%, 12 Votes)
- Brady Shively (Palmyra) – The Panthers won the team title at the Centralia golf invite as Shively tied for 2nd place shooting a 78. (1%, 9 Votes)
- Will Fromm (Scotland Co.) – He tossed a one-hitter with 13 strikeouts and scored two of their three runs to beat Westran in the Lewis & Clark Tournament championship. (1%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 993