It’s time to place your vote for Week 35 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Miracle Ailes (Keokuk) – At the Keosippi Relays she won the 100, 200, and 400-meter dashes as well as the high jump at 5 foot, 6 inches in Class A. (38%, 234 Votes)
- Alexis Ellison (Clark Co.) – In Class B at the Keosippi Relays, she won both the 100 (12.53) and 200-meter (26.17) dashes and was 2nd in the long jump. (29%, 183 Votes)
- Miles Sheppard (West Hancock) – He won both the 1600 and 3200-meter runs at the Keosippi Relays. (11%, 67 Votes)
- Dylan Foley (QND) – The Raiders avenged one of their few losses as Foley pitched a complete game shutout with 10 Ks to beat Unity. He added a 3-run homer Tuesday at Clark Co. (6%, 39 Votes)
- Jordan Johnson (QHS) – He took down the discus and shot put titles at the Mark Twain/Becky Thatcher Relays on Friday. (6%, 35 Votes)
- Katelyn Robbins (Liberty) – Robbins ruled the girls distance runs in Hannibal taking both the 1600 and 3200-meter titles. (4%, 23 Votes)
- Caydee Kirkham (Illini West) – At Keosippi she won both the 400 and 1500-meter runs and then at the Mark Twain/Becky Thatcher she won the 800-meter race. (3%, 19 Votes)
- Gabe Blakeley (Brown Co.) – The Hornet tossed 7 innings with 10 strikeouts and went 3 for 4 at the plate to beat West Central, then knocked in two key runs to beat Southeastern. (2%, 11 Votes)
- Charly Tshibuabua (Rushville-Industry) – Last week’s winner was at it again, winning the 100 and 200-meter dashes and anchoring their winning 4x200 relay at the Twain/Thatcher event. (1%, 7 Votes)
- Ellie Lamb (Rushville-Industry) – She won both the discus and shot put throws at the Twain/Thatcher in Hannibal on Friday. (1%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 622