It’s time to place your vote for Week 36 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Delaney Straus (Marion County) – Straus pulled off an impressive feat at the Class 1 District 2 track meet winning all four of the 400, 800, 1600 and 3200-meter runs. (24%, 126 Votes)
- Paige Knuffman (Liberty) – She set a new school record of 35 feet, 3 inches to win the triple jump at the WCC meet Friday and she also won the long jump. (15%, 81 Votes)
- Jaiden Linebaugh (Knox County) – Also at the district meet, she won both the 100 and 200-meter dashes and was on the Eagles’ winning 4x100 and 4x200 relay teams. (13%, 68 Votes)
- Jordan Johnson (QHS) – Johnson broke his own school record in both the shot put and discus at the Collinsville Invitational, and his discus throw (206 feet, 1 inch) is 2nd in the nation. (11%, 60 Votes)
- Levi Hecox (Central-Southeastern) – At the WCC meet he won both the 100 and 200-meter dashes while also being part the winning 4x100 and 4x200 relay teams for the Panthers. (11%, 58 Votes)
- Brock Wood (South Shelby) – He won three district titles Saturday, including the 110 and 300-meter hurdles and the long jump. (11%, 57 Votes)
- Gretchen Ward (Rushville-Industry) – A walk-off grand slam will get you on the list, which is what she did Saturday to beat Brown County. (10%, 51 Votes)
- Erin Barnes (QND) – She posted two hat tricks, one against Jacksonville and then she scored the first three goals of the game in their win over St. Thomas More Friday night. (6%, 30 Votes)
Total Voters: 531