It’s time to place your vote for Week 37 of the WGEM SportsCenter and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week! Each weekly winner is determined by combining the poll winner here with votes from the WGEM and Herald-Whig sports departments. The winner is announced each Tuesday morning on the show. Thanks for participating and helping us make another tough decision!
Who should be this week's WGEM SC and Hannibal Regional Prep Athlete of the Week?
- Delaney Straus (Marion County) – Last week’s winner did it again, winning all four of the 400, 800, 1,600 and 3,200-meter runs at the Sectional on Saturday. (28%, 98 Votes)
- Brock Wood (South Shelby) – At the Sectional Saturday he won four events – the 110 and 300-meter hurdles, the 200-meter dash and the long jump. (26%, 90 Votes)
- Eryn Cornwell (QND) – The freshman had two hits and four RBIs to help beat Macomb, and pitched complete game shutouts over Central and Payson. (18%, 62 Votes)
- C.E. Talton (Monroe City) – At the Class 2 Sectional 4 meet Talton won the triple jump, was part of two winning relay teams and qualified for state in the long jump. (10%, 33 Votes)
- Kiley Espinoza (QHS) – She went 3 for 4 with two home runs and four runs scored in a win Tuesday at Rushville. (6%, 19 Votes)
- Kanon Kendrick (South Shelby) – The junior opened the week by winning the Class 1 Sectional golf individual title firing an even-par 72. (5%, 16 Votes)
- Carter Boyer (Illini West) – Friday he tossed a no-hitter with 14 strikeouts and helped himself with a 2-run homer in a 7-0 win over Unity. (4%, 14 Votes)
- McKinley Jennings (Pittsfield) – In a losing effort Friday, she homered twice and doubled at Liberty. (2%, 6 Votes)
- Logan Miller (Knox County) – While the Eagles won the team Class 1 Sectional 1 title, he won all three of the discus, shot put and javelin throws. (2%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 344