NAUVOO, IL (WGEM) — Nauvoo Police have reported the arrest of a 33-year-old man for Sexual Assault of a Child and other sex crimes.
Chief Mike Boley reported Friday that Daniel Lafferty of Nauvoo was arrested on Tuesday May 28 after of an investigation by the Nauvoo Police Department into allegations of sexual assault of a child.
As a result of that investigation, Lafferty was charged in Hancock County with the following charges:
- One count of Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault of a Child, a Class X Felony
- Ten counts of Child Pornography, each a Class X Felony
- Twenty-one counts of Child Pornography, each a Class 2 Felony
- Two counts of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse, each a Class 2 Felony
- Nine counts of Child Pornography, each a Class 3 Felony
Lafferty is being held in the Hancock County, Illinois Jail in lieu of a $400,000 bond on those charges.
Boley also stated that as a result of the investigation additional evidence was discovered in regard to other crimes alleged to have occurred in Ft. Madison, Iowa.
Following an investigation by Ft. Madison Police Department Investigations resulted in a Lee County Iowa warrant that Lafferty is also being held on. Those charges are as follows:
- Five Counts of 2nd Degree Sexual Abuse, each a Class B Felony
- Five Counts of Incest, each a Class D Felony
- One Count of misdemeanor Indecent Exposure
The investigation is ongoing and additional charges are expected.