Skip to Content

Firework causes downtown Keokuk fire

KEOKUK, Ia. – An improperly placed firework caused a fire on Blondeau Street in downtown Keokuk Friday night.

According to the incident report from, the Keokuk Fire Department responded to a report of 1501 Main Street on fire.

On the scene they found an accidental garbage fire at 1515 Blondeau Street and extinguished it.

The report said an investigation revealed the fire was caused by a firework too close to a couch.

Author Profile Photo

Blake Sammann

Blake Sammann is a reporter and weekend anchor at WGEM News.

Skip to content