Skip to Content

Quincy crews respond to apartment fire

Quincy firefighters were called to an apartment fire around 9 Friday night.

It happened at 401 Cherry Street in Apartment 9.

Firefighters believe grease from a stove caused the fire, they say flames were visible when they arrived on scene. They say the home had smoke detectors but they didn’t’ have batteries in them.

A family is displaced and the Red Cross is assisting, a dog was rescued.

No injuries were reported.

 

 

Alexandra Carter

WGEM News Anchor

Skip to content