Fort Madison house fire ruled a total loss

Fort Madison fire officials said a space heater is to blame for a house fire at 1528 Avenue E.

Officials said crew arrived on the scene just before 1:30 pm.. Thursday and were on scene battling the flames for several hours.

Fire Chief Joey Herren said there were no occupants in the home but he has ruled the damage a total loss.

He says the home was a rental home and has got in touch with the homeowners, who are getting assistance from the Red Cross.

Richard Denson

Richard Denson

Richard Denson is the Morning Content Producer for WGEM News.

More News

WGEM STORMTRAK FORECAST
Weekend Forecast

Saturday look for partly cloudy skies and a high temp in the mid to low 40s. Sunday looks better with more sun than clouds and

Read More »
Connect with WGEM
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content