HANNIBAL, Mo. (WGEM) - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission has awarded a contract to Emery Sapp and Sons, Inc. in the amount of $1,739,262, according to the Missouri Department of Transporation (MoDOT).
The contract includes resurfacing and safety improvements to projects located in Ralls County.
Planned improvements include the intersection on the U.S. Route 61 corridor through New London, specifically at Route A, 5th Street, Kingsville Road, and the off ramp at the MO 19 interchange.
Also included in the contract, Business U.S. 61 through New London will be resurfaced including ADA improvements consisting of curb ramps at the Bus U.S. 61 and Route V intersection along with sidewalk improvements on the north side of Route A between West Clay and Church Streets.
The projects include:
- Add a dedicated right turn lane at the southbound off-ramp of U.S. 61/MO 19 interchange
- Install offset left turn lanes on U.S. 61 at Route A (similar to Ross Street in Palmyra)
- Removal of some movements that have led to crashes in the past at Route A and 5th Street/Kingsville Road
- Install a median U-turn on U.S. 61, 1/3 mile north of Route A
- Additional acceleration and deceleration lanes on U.S. 61
- Resurfacing and ADA improvements on Business U.S. 61 through the town of New London
Work on this project is scheduled to take place this year and be completed by November 1.
MoDOT said a more specific schedule will be shared once the contractor has provided their plan.