PITTSFIELD, Ill. (WGEM) — The Pleasant Hill Police Department and Pike County Sheriff’s Department reported the arrest of a Nebo, Illinois, man on meth and weapons charges while he was on supervised release.
Sheriff David Greenwood reported the arrest of Walter Michel, 24, on the following charges:
- Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine Less than Five (5) Grams,
- Unlawful Possession of Hypodermic Needles,
- Unlawful Use of Weapon,
- Unlawful Possession of Firearms Ammunition by a Felon,
- Pike County Warrant for Unlawful Use of Credit Card,
- Illinois Department of Corrections Parole Violation Warrant.
Greenwood stated on Thursday at 10:54 p.m., the Pleasant Hill Police Department located Michel at a residence in the 200 block of Howard Street in Pleasant Hill.
Michel was taken into custody and on the Pike County warrant.
Michel was found to be in possession of methamphetamine, hypodermic syringes, and ammunition.
Michel was currently on mandatory supervised release from the Illinois Department of Corrections at the time of his arrest.
The Pike County Sheriff’s Department assisted with the investigation.