QUINCY (WGEM) -- The Adams County Health Department announced Wednesday that over the coming weeks it will be placing an emphasis on COVID-19 vaccine accessibility and offering walk-in vaccine clinics at various locations.
Health officials stated the walk-in events require no pre-registration and aim to provide convenience for individuals who have not yet had the opportunity to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at the Oakley Lindsay Center.
Officials added all doses will be single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine for individuals 18 years and older in Adams, Brown, Hancock, Pike, or Schuyler counties.
Friday, April 9
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Liberty Village Hall (606 N Main, Liberty)
- 1 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.: Save A Lot (1120 Locust, Quincy)
- 3:15 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Save A Lot (837 Jefferson, Quincy)
Tuesday, April 13
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.: John Wood Community College Cafeteria (1301 S. 48th St, Quincy)
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.: Salvation Army Thrift Store (425 Broadway, Quincy)
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Quincy University- Hawks Nest (1810 Lind, Quincy)
Wednesday, April 14
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Quincy Senior Center (639 York, Quincy)
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.: Goodwill (3904 Broadway, Quincy)
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Payson Fire Department (205 W. State St, Payson)
Thursday, April 15
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Camp Point Ambulance Station (301 W. Wood St, Camp Point)
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Mendon Ambulance Station (E South St, Mendon)
Healy officials added that two more vaccination clinics have been scheduled at the mass vaccination site at the Oakley Lindsay Center.
On April 17th, the Johnson and Johnson vaccine will be offered in the morning and the Pfizer vaccine will be offered in the afternoon.
On April 24th, only the Johnson and Johnson vaccine will be offered.
Health officials emphasized that individuals who are 16 and 17 years old must receive the Pfizer vaccine due to FDA authorization. To schedule an appointment for a vaccine at the Oakley Lindsay Center distribution site all Illinois residents age 16 years and older can register online or by calling 217-600-4829.